Secreted away behind an enticing, vine covered gate on a lovely, tree lined block of 9th Street, this delightful duplex is an urban garden sanctuary in the midst of one of Berkeley’s least known, most diverse and convenient neighborhoods. Built circa 1914, this classic brown shingle home consists of two charming 2 bedroom, one bath units, a large finished attic space with pull down ladder access, and a classic “Casita” to use as home office, studio, or guest bedroom.
The front yard shade garden includes maple trees, red abutilon and honey suckle to the south, while the sunnier north side has pomegranate and dwarf lime, lemon, and orange trees. Purple wisteria and jasmine grow along the front garden arbor, and the always sunny backyard has been landscaped with a small food forest which includes delicious, abundantly fruiting cherry trees (2), an Asian pear, Hachiya persimmon, Mission fig and Gala apple. Roses and jasmine are planted between the trees, and three varieties of California grapes grow along the arbor. A tall perimeter fence creates privacy and an enveloping, secure world for pets and children.
· Totally VACANT legal duplex
· Legally assigned / city recognized parking in the back of the house (currently used as patio)
· One of Berkeley’s lesser known and most special neighborhoods
· Fantastic access to Berkeley’s bike paths and shoreline trails
· Close proximity to the Berkeley Marina, the Cal Sailing Club, Aquatic Park & Dreamland Playground, world class windsurfing, and the Marina Adventure and dog parks,.
· Approximately 8 minute drive to 3 different BART stations
· 23 minute drive to downtown SF
· Easy walk to Berkeley Bowl, Café Trieste, 4th street shops
· Much More